TODAY'S GOSPEL: LUKE 7: 1-10

Luke 7: 1 - 10
1 After he had ended all his sayings in the hearing of the people he entered Caper'na-um.
2 Now a centurion had a slave who was dear to him, who was sick and at the point of death.
3 When he heard of Jesus, he sent to him elders of the Jews, asking him to come and heal his slave.
4 And when they came to Jesus, they besought him earnestly, saying, "He is worthy to have you do this for him,
5 for he loves our nation, and he built us our synagogue."
6 And Jesus went with them. When he was not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to him, saying to him, "Lord, do not trouble yourself, for I am not worthy to have you come under my roof;
7 therefore I did not presume to come to you. But say the word, and let my servant be healed.
8 For I am a man set under authority, with soldiers under me: and I say to one, `Go,' and he goes; and to another, `Come,' and he comes; and to my slave, `Do this,' and he does it."
9 When Jesus heard this he marveled at him, and turned and said to the multitude that followed him, "I tell you, not even in Israel have I found such faith."
10 And when those who had been sent returned to the house, they found the slave well.

Comments