TODAY'S MASS READINGS: 2nd SUN. OF ORDINARY TIME

Isaiah 49: 3, 5 - 6
3And he said to me, "You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will be glorified."
5And now the LORD says, who formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob back to him, and that Israel might be gathered to him, for I am honored in the eyes of the LORD, and my God has become my strength --
6he says: "It is too light a thing that you should be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob and to restore the preserved of Israel; I will give you as a light to the nations, that my salvation may reach to the end of the earth."

Psalms 40: 2, 4, 7 - 10
2He drew me up from the desolate pit, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure.
4Blessed is the man who makes the LORD his trust, who does not turn to the proud, to those who go astray after false gods!
7Then I said, "Lo, I come; in the roll of the book it is written of me;
8I delight to do thy will, O my God; thy law is within my heart."
9I have told the glad news of deliverance in the great congregation; lo, I have not restrained my lips, as thou knowest, O LORD.
10I have not hid thy saving help within my heart, I have spoken of thy faithfulness and thy salvation; I have not concealed thy steadfast love and thy faithfulness from the great congregation.
1 Corinthians 1: 1 - 3
1Paul, called by the will of God to be an apostle of Christ Jesus, and our brother Sos'thenes,2To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints together with all those who in every place call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, both their Lord and ours:3Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
John 1: 29 - 34
29The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!30This is he of whom I said, `After me comes a man who ranks before me, for he was before me.'31I myself did not know him; but for this I came baptizing with water, that he might be revealed to Israel."32And John bore witness, "I saw the Spirit descend as a dove from heaven, and it remained on him.33I myself did not know him; but he who sent me to baptize with water said to me, `He on whom you see the Spirit descend and remain, this is he who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.'34And I have seen and have borne witness that this is the Son of God."

Comments