AMERICA: USA: FR.CORAPI-SUSPENDED PRIEST- USES NAME- BLACK SHEEP DOG

Fr. Corapi's has priesthood has been suspended. This means that he cannot function publicly as a priest. He can however, evangelize without presenting himself as a priest to the public. For this reason he has chosen the name, "Black Sheep Dog." This reference to a 'sheep dog' evokes the imagery of a caring protector of a flock. Thus, Fr. Corapi, will continue to care for his flock through this new ministry. We as Christians, are called to pray for all priests. This Father's Day is a reminder that we need to pray and sacrifice for all of God's ministers.
Here is a statement from his new Website:

"This Sunday, June 19, 2011, is both Trinity Sunday on the Catholic liturgical calendar and Fathers’ Day on the secular calendar. It is a day I’ll never forget, and sadly so. It is the twentieth anniversary of my ordination to the priesthood in the Catholic Church. For twenty years I was called “father.” I am very thankful for those twenty years. I could have easily died any number of times, any number of ways in my life before that, so I consider it all a bonus, an undeserved bonus. To all of you that have communicated support, ordination anniversary congratulations, and other kind sentiments, I am greatly thankful, and I do not take that for granted.
All things change, only God stays the same, so I have to tell you about a major change in my life. I am not going to be involved in public ministry as a priest any longer. There are certain persons in authority in the Church that want me gone, and I shall be gone. I have been guilty of many things in the course of my life, and could easily and justifiably be considered unfit to engage in public ministry as a priest. The present complaint that you have heard about is, as far as I know, from the one person that I can honestly say I did more to help and support than any human being in my entire life. I forgive her and hope only good things for her. I am not going to get into a back and forth or argument with the Church or anyone else about this matter." SOURCE: http://theblacksheepdog.us/

Comments