TODAY'S GOSPEL: JUNE 23: Matthew 7: 21- 29

Matthew 7: 21 - 29
21"Not every one who says to me, `Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.22On that day many will say to me, `Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'23And then will I declare to them, `I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.'24"Every one then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house upon the rock;25and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat upon that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock.26And every one who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house upon the sand;27and the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell; and great was the fall of it."28And when Jesus finished these sayings, the crowds were astonished at his teaching,29for he taught them as one who had authority, and not as their scribes.

Comments