TODAY'S MASS READINGS: SOLEMNITY OF CORPUS CHRISTI/ YEAR A

Deuteronomy 8: 2 - 3, 14 - 16
2And you shall remember all the way which the LORD your God has led you these forty years in the wilderness, that he might humble you, testing you to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep his commandments, or not.
3And he humbled you and let you hunger and fed you with manna, which you did not know, nor did your fathers know; that he might make you know that man does not live by bread alone, but that man lives by everything that proceeds out of the mouth of the LORD.
14then your heart be lifted up, and you forget the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage,
15who led you through the great and terrible wilderness, with its fiery serpents and scorpions and thirsty ground where there was no water, who brought you water out of the flinty rock,
16who fed you in the wilderness with manna which your fathers did not know, that he might humble you and test you, to do you good in the end.
Psalms 147: 12 - 15, 19 - 20
12Praise the LORD, O Jerusalem! Praise your God, O Zion!
13For he strengthens the bars of your gates; he blesses your sons within you.
14He makes peace in your borders; he fills you with the finest of the wheat.
15He sends forth his command to the earth; his word runs swiftly.
19He declares his word to Jacob, his statutes and ordinances to Israel.
20He has not dealt thus with any other nation; they do not know his ordinances. Praise the LORD!
1 Corinthians 10: 16 - 17
16The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ?
17Because there is one bread, we who are many are one body, for we all partake of the one bread.
John 6: 51 - 58
51I am the living bread which came down from heaven; if any one eats of this bread, he will live for ever; and the bread which I shall give for the life of the world is my flesh."
52The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"
53So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you;
54he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
55For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him.
57As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so he who eats me will live because of me.
58This is the bread which came down from heaven, not such as the fathers ate and died; he who eats this bread will live for ever."

Comments