TODAY'S MASS READINGS: 25th SUN. OF ORDINARY TIME/ YEAR A

Isaiah 55: 6 - 9
6"Seek the LORD while he may be found, call upon him while he is near;
7let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts; let him return to the LORD, that he may have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
8For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, says the LORD.
9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Psalms 145: 2 - 3, 8 - 9, 17 - 18
2Every day I will bless thee, and praise thy name for ever and ever.3Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised, and his greatness is unsearchable.8The LORD is gracious and merciful, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love.9The LORD is good to all, and his compassion is over all that he has made.17The LORD is just in all his ways, and kind in all his doings.18The LORD is near to all who call upon him, to all who call upon him in truth.
Philippians 1: 20 - 24, 27
20as it is my eager expectation and hope that I shall not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death.21For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.22If it is to be life in the flesh, that means fruitful labor for me. Yet which I shall choose I cannot tell.23I am hard pressed between the two. My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better.24But to remain in the flesh is more necessary on your account.27Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you stand firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel,
Matthew 20: 1 - 16
1"For the kingdom of heaven is like a householder who went out early in the morning to hire laborers for his vineyard.2After agreeing with the laborers for a denarius a day, he sent them into his vineyard.3And going out about the third hour he saw others standing idle in the market place;4and to them he said, `You go into the vineyard too, and whatever is right I will give you.' So they went.5Going out again about the sixth hour and the ninth hour, he did the same.6And about the eleventh hour he went out and found others standing; and he said to them, `Why do you stand here idle all day?'7They said to him, `Because no one has hired us.' He said to them, `You go into the vineyard too.'8And when evening came, the owner of the vineyard said to his steward, `Call the laborers and pay them their wages, beginning with the last, up to the first.'9And when those hired about the eleventh hour came, each of them received a denarius.10Now when the first came, they thought they would receive more; but each of them also received a denarius.11And on receiving it they grumbled at the householder,12saying, `These last worked only one hour, and you have made them equal to us who have borne the burden of the day and the scorching heat.'13But he replied to one of them, `Friend, I am doing you no wrong; did you not agree with me for a denarius?14Take what belongs to you, and go; I choose to give to this last as I give to you.15Am I not allowed to do what I choose with what belongs to me? Or do you begrudge my generosity?'16So the last will be first, and the first last."

Comments