TODAY'S GOSPEL: OCT. 1: LUKE 10: 17-24

Luke 10: 17 - 24
17The seventy returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons are subject to us in your name!"18And he said to them, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.19Behold, I have given you authority to tread upon serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy; and nothing shall hurt you.20Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you; but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."21In that same hour he rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, "I thank thee, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to babes; yea, Father, for such was thy gracious will.22All things have been delivered to me by my Father; and no one knows who the Son is except the Father, or who the Father is except the Son and any one to whom the Son chooses to reveal him."23Then turning to the disciples he said privately, "Blessed are the eyes which see what you see!24For I tell you that many prophets and kings desired to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it."

Comments