TODAY'S GOSPEL: OCT. 17: LUKE 12: 13 - 21

Luke 12: 13 - 21
13One of the multitude said to him, "Teacher, bid my brother divide the inheritance with me."14But he said to him, "Man, who made me a judge or divider over you?"15And he said to them, "Take heed, and beware of all covetousness; for a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions."16And he told them a parable, saying, "The land of a rich man brought forth plentifully;17and he thought to himself, `What shall I do, for I have nowhere to store my crops?'18And he said, `I will do this: I will pull down my barns, and build larger ones; and there I will store all my grain and my goods.19And I will say to my soul, Soul, you have ample goods laid up for many years; take your ease, eat, drink, be merry.'20But God said to him, `Fool! This night your soul is required of you; and the things you have prepared, whose will they be?'21So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God."

Comments