TODAY'S MASS READINGS: 28th SUN. OF ORDINARY TIME/ YEAR A

Isaiah 25: 6 - 10
6On this mountain the LORD of hosts will make for all peoples a feast of fat things, a feast of wine on the lees, of fat things full of marrow, of wine on the lees well refined.7And he will destroy on this mountain the covering that is cast over all peoples, the veil that is spread over all nations.8He will swallow up death for ever, and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from all faces, and the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth; for the LORD has spoken.9It will be said on that day, "Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, that he might save us. This is the LORD; we have waited for him; let us be glad and rejoice in his salvation."10For the hand of the LORD will rest on this mountain, and Moab shall be trodden down in his place, as straw is trodden down in a dung-pit.
Psalms 23: 1 - 6
1The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want;
2he makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters;
3he restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil; for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
5Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of my enemies; thou anointest my head with oil, my cup overflows.
6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Philippians 4: 12 - 14, 19 - 20
12I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound; in any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and want.13I can do all things in him who strengthens me.14Yet it was kind of you to share my trouble.19And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.20To our God and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Matthew 22: 1 - 14
1And again Jesus spoke to them in parables, saying,
2"The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a marriage feast for his son,
3and sent his servants to call those who were invited to the marriage feast; but they would not come.
4Again he sent other servants, saying, `Tell those who are invited, Behold, I have made ready my dinner, my oxen and my fat calves are killed, and everything is ready; come to the marriage feast.'
5But they made light of it and went off, one to his farm, another to his business,
6while the rest seized his servants, treated them shamefully, and killed them.
7The king was angry, and he sent his troops and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.
8Then he said to his servants, `The wedding is ready, but those invited were not worthy.
9Go therefore to the thoroughfares, and invite to the marriage feast as many as you find.'
10And those servants went out into the streets and gathered all whom they found, both bad and good; so the wedding hall was filled with guests.
11"But when the king came in to look at the guests, he saw there a man who had no wedding garment;
12and he said to him, `Friend, how did you get in here without a wedding garment?' And he was speechless.
13Then the king said to the attendants, `Bind him hand and foot, and cast him into the outer darkness; there men will weep and gnash their teeth.'
14For many are called, but few are chosen."

Comments