TODAY'S GOSPEL: NOV. 3: LUKE 15: 1 - 10

Luke 15: 1 - 10
1Now the tax collectors and sinners were all drawing near to hear him.
2And the Pharisees and the scribes murmured, saying, "This man receives sinners and eats with them."
3So he told them this parable:
4"What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost, until he finds it?
5And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
6And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, `Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost.'
7Just so, I tell you, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.
8"Or what woman, having ten silver coins, if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp and sweep the house and seek diligently until she finds it?
9And when she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors, saying, `Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin which I had lost.'
10Just so, I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

Comments