TODAY'S GOSPEL: NOV. 4: LUKE 16: 1 - 8

Luke 16: 1 - 8
1He also said to the disciples, "There was a rich man who had a steward, and charges were brought to him that this man was wasting his goods.
2And he called him and said to him, `What is this that I hear about you? Turn in the account of your stewardship, for you can no longer be steward.'
3And the steward said to himself, `What shall I do, since my master is taking the stewardship away from me? I am not strong enough to dig, and I am ashamed to beg.
4I have decided what to do, so that people may receive me into their houses when I am put out of the stewardship.'
5So, summoning his master's debtors one by one, he said to the first, `How much do you owe my master?'
6He said, `A hundred measures of oil.' And he said to him, `Take your bill, and sit down quickly and write fifty.'
7Then he said to another, `And how much do you owe?' He said, `A hundred measures of wheat.' He said to him, `Take your bill, and write eighty.'
8The master commended the dishonest steward for his shrewdness; for the sons of this world are more shrewd in dealing with their own generation than the sons of light.

Comments