TODAY'S MASS ONLINE : SUNDAY AUGUST 19,, 2012 - 20TH ORD. TIME - B

Aug 19, 2012 - 20th Sun Ordinary Time

Proverbs 9: 1 - 6
1 Wisdom has built her house, she has set up her seven pillars.
2 She has slaughtered her beasts, she has mixed her wine, she has also set her table.
3 She has sent out her maids to call from the highest places in the town,
4 "Whoever is simple, let him turn in here!" To him who is without sense she says,
5 "Come, eat of my bread and drink of the wine I have mixed.
6 Leave simpleness, and live, and walk in the way of insight."
Psalms 34: 2 - 7
2 My soul makes its boast in the LORD; let the afflicted hear and be glad.
3 O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together!
4 I sought the LORD, and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears.
5 Look to him, and be radiant; so your faces shall never be ashamed.
6 This poor man cried, and the LORD heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.
7 The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them.
Ephesians 5: 15 - 20
15 Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise,
16 making the most of the time, because the days are evil.
17 Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
18 And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery; but be filled with the Spirit,
19 addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with all your heart,
20 always and for everything giving thanks in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God the Father.
John 6: 51 - 58
51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven; if any one eats of this bread, he will live for ever; and the bread which I shall give for the life of the world is my flesh."
52 The Jews then disputed among themselves, saying, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"
53 So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you;
54 he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56 He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him.
57 As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father, so he who eats me will live because of me.
58 This is the bread which came down from heaven, not such as the fathers ate and died; he who eats this bread will live for ever."

Comments