Pope Francis “Love the people that God has given to your charge,even when they have committed grave sins....Reception is for all without discrimination,”


Pope Francis with new bishops
18/09/2014


(Vatican Radio) Pope Francis on Thursday received the participants in a pair of orientation and training programmes for newly ordained bishops, which took place in Rome over the past week. The annual courses – open to bishops ordained in the past year – have been organised by the Congregation for Bishops and the Congregation for the Evangelisation of Peoples.
In his remarks to the bishops who took part in the sessions, which were held at the Pontifical Regina Apostolorum University, Pope Francis spoke of the importance of never losing sight of the  inseparable bond between the stable presence of the Bishop and the growth of the flock. “Every authentic reform of the Church of Christ begins with the presence of Christ – who is never missing – and also of the pastor who governs in Christ’s name.” The Holy Father went on to say, “This is not a pious recommendation.” Citing the Council of Trent, Pope Francis continued, saying, “When a shepherd hides [from his flock] or is unreachable, pastoral care and the salvation of souls are at risk.
The Holy Father also spoke of the need for a humble spirit of service in a shepherd of souls, a willingness to meet people where they are in their lives and to resist the temptation to change people. “Love the people that God has given to your charge,” said Pope Francis, “even when they have committed grave sins,” and that bishops owe their faithful and everyone under their pastoral responsibility the fullness of the Church’s teaching in all its breadth. “Reception is for all without discrimination,” he said, explaining that the Church is to offer “welcome to all without discrimination, offering the firmness of the authority that enables growth and the gentleness of paternity that generates.” 

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am sending prayers to St Joseph of Cupertino to help my son pass his test on Tuesday, March 22nd. We will make you known. Amen
Anonymous said…
I am sending prayers to St Joseph of Cupertino to help my son, Jacob, pass his test on Tuesday. We will make you known. Amen
Anonymous said…
Thankyou St Joseph of Cupertino for answering my prayers and making my daughter get through her exams...Amen
Anonymous said…
Sending prayers to St Joseph for Yuzef to pass the board exam he took today. In Jesus name , Amen.
Anonymous said…
Dear St Joseph of Cupertino, I pray that Yuzef will pass the board exam he just took today Thursday. I will make you known, In Jesus name I pray, Amen.
Anonymous said…
with your blessings st.cupertino i have written my exam well pray for me that i get my dream college pls st.help me
Unknown. said…
I am sending prayers to St Joseph of Cupertino to help my son pass his test on Tuesday, March 22nd. We will make you known. Amen