Famous BBC Journalist Martina Purdy quits to become a Nun with Adoration Sisters - Share!

Martina Purdy was a famous BBC journalist. However, she has decided to give up her famous career to become a Nun. She writes on her Twitter page: 'Thanks all for your generosity  . God bless you.' And in a final tweet, she added: 'I'm not planning a running commentary - but I'm truly overwhelmed. x.' Purdy, was born in Belfast but brought up in Canada, She joined the BBC Northern Ireland in 1999 after working as a newspaper journalist.
 In a statement posted on her Twitter page, she said: 'I've been a journalist now for almost 25 years, 15 of them at the BBC. 'It has been an immensely rewarding profession and I'm very grateful for all the support I've had over many years from colleagues, family, contacts and friends. She added: 'I know many people will not understand this decision. It is a decision that I have not come to lightly, but it is one that I make with love and great joy. I ask for prayers as I embark on this path with all humility, faith and trust.' She went on to ask that the privacy of the Adoration Sisters - a  'contemplative community' which makes altar breads.

Comments