#BreakingNews Tallest #Statue of Jesus unveiled in #Nigeria Africa - SHARE

The Bishop Augustine Ukwuoma, of Orlu Catholic Diocese, in Nigeria, Africa on Friday unveiled the tallest African statue of Jesus Christ weighing 8.5 metres (28 ft) at St. Aloysius Catholic Parish, Abajah, Imo. The statue, is made of marble. Obinna Onuoha, who donated the Jesus statue, also had constructed 2, 000 seating capacity parish church at St. Aloysius in 2012.  "This statue is a great symbol of Christian faith, and I pray that for the Catholics that the statue will continue to constantly remind us of what Jesus Christ stands for us. "For other passersby, looking at the statue will also bring them closer to Jesus," the Bishop said. Onuoha, who donated the statue, said: “Asking why I constructed this statue is like asking how I came to this world. “I am a Christian and a Catholic and Jesus statue represents my faith. “I believe we are here on earth for different purposes and each person moves with his/her instincts and I was motivated to do this to build up the faith of this community.” Onuoha,  The statue took about three years to construct and erect. (Edited from AllAfrica- Image source Google Images)

Comments